Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
Seems to me people are just annoyed with a more "artsy" approach and the fact that there's a gay character on the show, not to mention a lack of hits.
I actually love it when the Sopranos is deep and complicated. Like when Tony tried to get a rise out of Janice in season 5 when he was talking about Harpo. He did it because hes insecure and cant stand to see other people overcome problems when he has so many of his own. Or like with the "Test Dream" eppisode. Thats what I love about Sopranos. Hits are fun to watch but the extent to which people get whacked is not what makes me love the show, and I say that with absolute positivity.

Yes, this season is deep. Probably more deep than any other previous season, but I feel like they are trying too hard to make it that way. What makes this season differnet to me is that all other seasons were naturally brilliant, but this one is artifically brilliant. It just seems like they are trying too hard. Everything is starting to seem forced and repetitive, and its starting to make the show dull.

"You can shear a sheep many times, but you can skin him only once."
-Amarillo Slim