Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
Once again, I don't understand how some think this show isn't good. Last night's episode was a wonderful character insightful show. This season we're really getting to see the void of any real character that these guys have.

Tony leads the pack - he dresses down Sal, the gardener, for trying to get out of doing free work for Johnny Sac (while Sac is stuck in jail) yet he (Tony) has no qualms about taking advantage of that situation to beat Sac out of his house.

We later see how Tony is a victim of emotional blackmail (by Janice). She argues that the two of them have no real connection other than their shared DNA so Tony starts feeling guilty and does that "steal-the-house-from Johnny" thing (when he should have left better alone).

Tony is a selfish prick. He purposely backs out of helping Carmela because Carmela's dream (of building the spec house) is infringing on her time of serving him.

Vito did some soul searching and realized he missed the life too much (his "real" life). The sex aside, he misses the action and the easy money. He knows he's not cut out to be a "normal" person with a "normal" job. It'll be interesting to see how his return to Jersey fares for him (although I expect that won't be known until the final show of the season).

Great writing. Great insight. Great acting. I think that adds up to a great show.
SC i completely agree with you about this episode. Your posts are always the best to read. They are well thought out and balanced. I often find myself quite frustrated with how narrow minded some people who write on here can be.

Thats where you're wrong...out there its the 1990s. In here its 1952.