is March 2006 the US airing right?

i am in the UK...therefore i will have to wait a further god-knows-how-long to see it.

thank god for internet downloading.

anyway, regarding the ending...look at the end of series 5...it leaves us clues for the final series.

Johnny Sack is pinched...Phil Leotardo is fuming at not being able to act out his revenge on Tony B and is also rising quickly in the new Johnny Sack lead NY family. With Johnny away Leotardo is going to still wage his vendetta with the Soprano family.

Vito Spatafore is decidedly annoyed that Tony protected Tony B at the expense of Benny. "We should be taking him out"...."I am willing to die for a good cause...this is Bullsh*t!"...Vito is openly talking subversive....he will be almost certainly be whacked in series 6.

Ray Curto will give them "reems of sh*t" on Tony. Ray might be the star witness at Tony's RICO trial.

Dr. Melfi....hmmm cant work this one out yet. But surely something will happen.

Paulie was the mouth the Johnny sack all that time...put Tony is some really awkward positions...then he had to try and get good with tony again once he realised he was being used by johnny sack. There is definitely something major going to happen for Mr. Gaultieri.

So what other loose ends need tidying up?!
1: The Russian.
2: Patsy and his grief at losing his brother.
3: Vito being a "fanook"
4: Furio and Tony.
5: Master G....okay maybe a little far fetched to think this will rear its head again as a storyline.

Now...Gandolfini and Imperioli have both said they don't want to do a movie...they dont want to be typecast and they dont want to leave the Sopranos open for further development. Therefore i would arge the only ending for it, where everything is tied up forever...with no possible chance or parole (ho ho) is for Tony to die or to have a John Gotti like prison sentence put on him.

Tony will go to prison for 4 or 5 life sentences (something vaguely realistic...we know how they like to mimic reality at times)
Christopher will die in the war that will ensue with NY under Acting Boss Phil Leotardo.
Paulie will whack Vito Spatafore for Tony...and once Tony goes to prison assumes the title of boss of the family.
Uncle Junior will die of natural causes.

Thats where you're wrong...out there its the 1990s. In here its 1952.