My favoite is probably when Tom Hagen tells Don Vito that Sonny has died. The scene was played out perfectly-the way Hagen said "He's dead" made you feel his sadness and you knew that he wanted to cry. And after Hagen tells the Don, the way Brando looks at Duvall with his krinkled forehead, and his pitiful body slouched over with a glass of Anisette to his side-and yet you still felt a sense of power in Don Vito, a sense of honor across his diminished face. You knew what the Don was thinking, how he was feeling. This is one of those scenes that even if you didn't see any other scene in the movie, you still felt the sadness, you still felt for the characters.

"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string. Senator Corleone; Governor Corleone."
-Don Vito Corleone to his son, Michael