You know, now that I think about it, a TGR movie could solve some of the flaws of the book. I mean most movies don't follow books to the tee, even the original Godfather movie took it's own liberties compared to the book, especially with who in the Five Families was killed in the end.

Not that I recommend a studio try to make money off a book that was a massive flop, but it could work out from a critical standpoint. Although the idea of Fredo being gay was pretty silly, on screen it could make for one hell of a performance. However, it would give credence to Fredo being gay -- which I prefer to ignore when it comes to Godfather cannon.

The biggest problem I had with TGR was the style of writing. Too damn confusing. A movie would solve that from the get go because we'd be watching them on screen instead of reading Winegardner try to make sense of things.

The biggest concern is casting and directing. But if people were committed to making a good Godfather movie, and fixing the problems of the book, it could work.

But it'll never happen. This is just me thinking out loud.