The more and more I think about it, the less I like the idea of flashbacks in a Part IV. It's a cheap ploy to copy the structure from Part II and there's no guarantee that it would work. You'd have different actors playing roles that we've come to know and love, although seeing De Niro as Vito would be awesome. But overall, I just think it kinda stinks.

Any fool can come up with an idea for a movie that takes place after the events in Part III -- which is where the most creative freedom lies -- but the trick is making it worthy of the other Godfather movies, and yes, that's including Part III. My guess is that someone would try to turn it into some kind of Sopranos rip off or something with slick talking guineas and lots of whackings, which is not what the Godfather movies is about.

You need people committed in every aspect of the movie for this thing to work. And with people looking to make a fast buck, I just don't see that happening anytime soon.

But I'd love to see more. I just want it to be good. And today, that might be too much to ask.