In The Godfather, the sight of Marlon Brando as Don Vito Corleone was magnifesent-pretty much the best makeup work I have ever seen in a movie-ever. However, they could never have anticipated that a second movie would be made and that the movie would star Robert De Niro as the Godfather and that he would claim his own fame with his famous mole on his right cheek.
Now, as far as movies go, Vito's mole absence in the 1st Godfather is just another glitch that is bound to happen in film-making. But as far as the story goes, did Vito, maybe have cancer? It is the only thing that I can think of that would cause him, through the years, to lose his mole. Now, it wasn't in the book, but neither was Vincent Mancini, do you think that they would adress this in making a 4th Godfather?

By the way, I am a long time observer of the sight and have finally decided to get involved in posting so hello everyone!

"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string. Senator Corleone; Governor Corleone."
-Don Vito Corleone to his son, Michael