Heheh. Well you never know what Paramount might be looking at?

About Victor, I gave a little thought about it, but the storyline was already getting pretty crowded. My understanding was that Victor was a couple years older than Michael Francis (he had to be, since Carlo was whacked immediately following Michael F.'s baptism and couldn't have fathered any kids later than that.)

The only reference we get in GF II and III about Connie's sons is in GF II in the boathouse scene, where Michael chews out Connie because her "kids are already getting in trouble with the law." That would have to be Victor who couldn't have been any older than maybe 10 years old at the time (1959).

Victor getting involved in crime and drugs early, probably having a kid out of wedlock, and possibly getting killed as a young man would also seem to be logical.

Michael Francis would also be involved in crime early, and logically might end up in jail - which would explain fairly logically where he was during GF III.

(The 35-year-old case of Sen. Geary and the prostitute works its way back in to explain how pressure is put on to get Michael Francis a Presidential pardon.)

Anyway, in deciding which of Connie's sons should be incorporated into the storyline, obviously it would have to be Michael Francis, since he was the innocent baby at the baptism during the climactic scene of GF I - the "day that settles all family business" - and became the actual godson of Michael Corleone. So him rising to the role of Godfather himself some day would seem to be almost predestined.

I also assume that Connie would have dropped 'Rizzi" as the boys' last name - she knows that Carlo was responsible for the death of Sonny, whom she idolized. She'd want to erase any reference to 'Rizzi' in their names. She's always seen herself as a Corleone, anyway. She'd want her sons to be Corleones too.

Another issue would be what to do about Sonny's son Frank (who gives Vito the get-well card on his sickbed in GF I.) But again I don't think it's good to clutter up the story line with too many cousins who appear completely out of nowhere. Whatever happened to Frank, he was out of the picture by the time of GF III, so some kind of semi-logical explanation has to be dreamed up for that.

Santino Jr, we can explain away that Sandra Corleone (Sonny's wife) tried very hard to steer him out of the criminal life, and into respectable business away from the rest of the family. Since he would have been in his late 30s by the time of GF III, you'd have to figure he had just moved in another direction with his life.

But major setbacks in his life - getting caught up in the S&L scandal of the 1980s, financially ruined, convicted of a felony, and divorced by his wife - would be the shock that might send him back to the "family business."

Anyway, it's fun to work on this stuff. I'll keep tacking on bits and pieces as we go...

"You did good."