Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
Sorry its been awhile.I dont like the way some of this dialogue flows,so if you can help me out.....

Fredo’s Graduation
SONNY: Hey Fredo, so you finally did it huh?! Tom’s rubbing off on you, college boy?!(Fredo smiles his sort of half-sad smile) Hey, well at least you did it. Everybody’s real proud of you, especially Pop.
FREDO: Pop’s proud of me?
SONNY: Yeah sure, why shouldn’t he be? You graduated, only Tom’s done that and he ain’t a real Corleone. You’re the first one! (He slaps Fredo on the back) Go on, enjoy your party. (Sonny leaves. Fredo wanders around for a little bit, some of his classmates congratulating him, before he runs into Tom.)
TOM: Way to go, Fredo! Feels great, right, to finally get school off your chest?!
FREDO: (laughs a little) Sure does, Tom.
TOM: Enjoy the feeling, college gets worse, buddy. (Tom leaves. Fredo again wanders around the grounds before Vito comes up to him)
VITO: So you’re out of school now. What are you’re plans? Where do you plan to go to college?
FREDO: I don’t want to go to college, Pop. I want to work for you… like Sonny.
VITO: Like Sonny? You and Santino are two different people, Fredo. Trust me; this isn’t what I wanted for him. If it wasn’t for something that happened when you were 4, Santino would have gone to law school with Tom.
FREDO: Look at me Pop; I’m no good in school. I barely got this far. But maybe I can help you out. You let Sonny work for you when he was 16! He didn’t even graduate! Please Pop, give me a chance! (Mama comes running up to Fredo, followed by a 13-14 year old Michael and a 9-10 year old Connie.)
MAMA: Oh, Frederico, we are so proud of you! (She hugs him) You see, you were left on the doorstep by gypsies, no Corleone could have gotten this far! Oh, it seems like just yesterday when you were a little boy and me and your father and your brother and you would sit out on the steps every night. (She smiles and hugs him again.)You’ll do great things Fredo, great things. (Michael steps forward and offers his hand)
MICHAEL: Congratulations Fredo. (For the first time we see Michaels’ intense stare that will become famous once he is the Don.)
FREDO: Thanks Mikey.
CONNIE: (Comes up and hugs Fredo like her mother did) I can’t believe a Corleone graduated. We’re so proud of you, all of us. I wish I was as old as you. I wish I was graduating today.
FREDO: You’ll graduate soon enough, Connie.
MAMA: Well, we should probably leave you alone. You’ll probably want to be with your friends on a day like today, instead of your family. (They start to walk off.) (To Michael) Now where’s that brother of yours, Santino?
FREDO: Pop, what about…
VITO: We’ll talk about it late. Now go and enjoy yourself. (They leave. Fredo sighs and walks over to a table with drinks. He takes one and drops into a seat at the end of one of the tables. A few of the people walking by congratulate him, but it is obvious he has no real friends)
-Later-
(Vito is in his study with Sonny, Fredo, Tom and Genco)
VITO: Frederico, why do you want to work for me? Why don’t you want to go to college like Tom? A lawyer with a briefcase can steal more than a thousand men with guns.
FREDO: Pop, you know I’m no good at school. Let me work for you. You let Sonny. (Sonny shifts uneasily in his chair.)
VITYO: Santino is a different person than you. You have a destiny separate from his. His destiny was shaped when he was 8 years old. You didn’t have the experience he had.
FREDO: Well, maybe it’s my destiny too. Look Pop; I’m not all that good at a lot of things. Maybe I’ll find my knack in this. (Vito sighs, but doesn’t say anything)
SONNY: (gets up from his chair and walks over to Fredo. He grabs his shoulders and shakes him gently, like in Part 1 when Sonny tells Vito he’s sending Fredo to the west.) Hey, c’mon Pop, Freddie’ll be good at it. I’ll take him under my wing; show him around a little, eh? (shakes Fredo. Fredo sort of smiles)
VITO: Santino, Fredo should go…
SONNY: Pop, don’t worry about it. I’ll take care of him.
TOM: Yeah, he could work in Sonny’s regieme.
GENCO: you never know Vito; he might be a good bodyguard.
VITO: Fredo, are you sure this is what you want to do?
FREDO: Yes Pop, I’m sure.
VITO: Well, you’re a man now Frederico, so I can no longer tell you what to do. What you do with your life is up to you. Who am I to decide what your destiny is? And what kind of man would I be if I kept another man from fulfilling his destiny? Come into the office with Santino in the morning. He’ll show you what to do.
SONNY: Hey, you owe me, buddy. I got you a job. (Fredo looks up at him [perhaps not wanting to be in his debt or to see if he’s joking] Sonny starts laughing.) No Fredo, I’m just joking. C’mon, loosen up. (shakes him again)
FREDO: It’s been a long day, I’m tired.
SONNY: Go get some sleep then. You’re waking up bright and early now that I’m your boss. (Both brothers laugh. they get up to leave.)
VITO: Santino… (Sonny comes back in)
SONNY: Yeah, Pop?
VITO: Watch you’re brother, alright? I really don’t want this for him. God knows he’s a good son, but I don’t want to see him killed or hurt in this business. I just don’t think he has the personal force to make in here. He’s got a good heart, but he’s weak. I still have high hopes for him. He could be the legitimate side of the family.
SONNY: I told you, don’t worry about him, he’s in good hands. I won’t let him get killed. Anyone messes with him; they have to answer to me. I’ll teach him to be forceful. You know me, Pop; I’m the best teacher there is for that.

Yeah I know in the book Sonny did graduate HS,but I thought it would be better if he didnt in the movies.
This was a very interesting part in the script. I couldn't stop reading. I expecially liked the part where Fredo wanted to work for Don Corleone.

È la paura che tiene ci fedele.