Hey, i have been visiting the site for a while and reading the messege boards, so i decided to register.
My opinion on GF4 is GF3 pretty much decided to put a lid on the series, after mike died and what happened. However, it still can be done. To make it good, they need to keep it original, as said by other members before, we dont want it to be some cheap rip-off like a lot of the new movies out.
I think a good plot for GF4, like a lot of the other ideas i saw here is a prologue and eprologue.
The more interesting part would take place in the late 20's through 1939, showing how the kids grew up and how Vito rose to power.
The other part of the story should take place in recent times, maybe a couple years afrer micheal died, showing how vincent tries to dominate his power and preserve the corleone family.
I havent really thought much about that part yet, but i thought it would be fun either way if the gf4 scripts kept going, i think they were pretty good. Maybe i will write a couple of things on my own.