Good adaptation of Puzo's GF novel coverage of how Sonny first got involved in "the business." And good reference to Tom Hagen, although I don't think Vito would refer to him as "that other boy" to Clemenza - Vito adopted Tom into the family when he was about 10, so Clemenza would know darn well who he was. Vito would say something like:

Quote:

VITO: What about Tommy, was he there?

CLEMENZA: No, you know him. Busy at the school library. Sonny, you can't keep him away, but Tommy stays out of that stuff. He's smart, that boy.

GENCO: Smart, he is. He's got the German mind. Smart enough to stay out of things like this.

VITO: I just hope Santino gets smart enough to stay out of them too. Fredo, he doesn't get into those things because he's scared. Michael knows better. He's taking after Tommy, thank God. But Santino, he just does whatever he wants. That boy's going to be the ruin of me someday..

GENCO: Don't be too sure, Don Vito. Santino is a wolf. He knows what he wants and he knows how to get it. And he's got the nerve to go get it. Sometimes you need a wise man, and sometimes you need a wolf. He'll be a dangerous man some day.

VITO: Yes, he will. Let's hope he doesn't bring that danger onto us.

VITO: Clemenza, we’ve known each other for a long time, and I’m glad that I have a friend like you I can trust, who will tell me the things I need to be told. Find Santino; wherever he is bring him to me.
(Clemenza leaves. Vito shakes his head) [To Genco] Santino is giving me more and more grief these days. He fights, makes poor marks in school and now this.

GENCO: (smiling) He’s 16, he’s expected to.
-NEXT SCENE-
People who scream "oh, we can't do a GF IV because Puzo is gone," obviously haven't read the novel - there is plenty of good framework available for the "Happy Years" sequences. Presumably much of the script work Puzo already completed on GF IV has to do with these chapters... but this is pretty cool...

"You did good."