Here's an idea for a spinoff - 'Fredo's New World'. Begins immediately after Fredo's murder and we see his spirit ready to enter the pearly gates...only to be turned away by St. Peter who says, 'Sorry, son...not only were you by birth member of a powerful crime organization, but you betrayed your brother and now must pay the price. Since you were just too stupid in life to be capable of TRUE evil, you are saved from the flames of Hell. BUT...you must spend 40 years in pergatory atoning for your faults, learning from your mistakes...at the end of which time you will be re-evaluated for entry into God's Kingdom. And remember...this ain't no fishing trip, one Hail Mary just won't do the trick.

Followed by a series of delightful yet touching adventures and mishaps by which Fredo gradually redeams himself ... just in time to greet kid brother Michael once he's dropped dead in that tomato garden.

The two brothers embrace, this time with not tension, no anymosity, no jealousy...and walk hand in hand through St. Peters gate.

Wait, let me put it another way.

I would rather see them make a GFIV, GFV, and GFVI before accepting the idea of a 'spinoff' (not to mention one about Luca Brasi).

And I think most on the Board know how I feel about a GFIV.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON