I don't know. There's been much discussion about GFIV with many against it. I understand the reasons why, but must admit, deep down, I kind of wish there was, even tho, depending on the completed version, it may not turn out as we would want.

Yet, I think taking a character/s from the GF series and telling his/their story might be a good idea. Instead of continuing or dwelling on the Corleone saga, tell the story of another character, or another of the families. We all like these kinds of movies, and a story about a character we know from the series might be interesting. Most likely if this were to happen, some reference likely would be made to the Corleones, but the story wouldn't have to be a "continuation" of GF saga.

As far as actors, I'm sure there are many very capable actors that would do well. It's just hard for us to imagine when we think in terms of the GF. Thinking in terms of a "new" story is the way to look at it.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon