Second installment of my GF IV outline:

Cut back to 1997. Vincent goes to Miami to try to bail out Santino Jr. Vincent, Santino Jr. and Vincent's men arrive at the hotel (I'd like it to be the Sheraton Bal Harbour) and Vincent and his men retire for the night. But Santino Jr. sneaks out into the night, and calls a cab to take him into downtown Miami. We do not see where he goes, as we cut to Vincent waking up with a start, very obviously alone in his bed, right before dawn. He weeps for Mary, closes his eyes, and a series of flashbacks from GF III are shown, such as parts of the "Hey cuz" scene and the scene in Vincent's kitchen. He opens his eyes with the sun now coming over the horizon, and says a few lines as if he were talking to Mary about how he had always loved her and never cared for another woman, that there was a hole in his heart that nothing could fill.

I'll have more soon, but already have come up with a perfect ending, at least in my opinion- Vincent is sent to jail, to life in prison, and the final sequence shows Vincent looking out of the window of his high-security prison cell (the cell has four walls and a door, no bars except on the window), the light on his face, with the music of Michael's Theme playing, and cutting to a view behind Vincent, directly outside of his cell, as the door is slowly closed, a la the end of GF I, and right before the door is shut, we cut back to the previous view of Vincent, who bows his head when the door is closed, and then black. Roll credits. I'll be writing the rest of the outline at least over the next two weeks, so stay tuned.