I can not believe that this is even being discussed. Some people are heartbroken enough that a movie will never be made with Puzo working on it. But to even think of a 4th Godfather without Coppola?!?!?! Without Coppola, I would be very disappointed. However, if a 4th movie was made without FFC ( ) then the only director I woud feel semi-happy about is Sophia Coppola. But with mention of Tarrentino and Schorcese-it just would never work. I mean, they are both very good directors, and I love their work but The Godfather is a different kind of movie-it was popular because of the classic touch Coppola gave to it. If someone like Tarrentino of Schorcese did it, it just wouldn't be the same Godfather we all know and love.

"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string. Senator Corleone; Governor Corleone."
-Don Vito Corleone to his son, Michael