we´ve been discussinG it in some places, but i thouGht it could need a thread of its own.

i have to admit, as much as i admire FFC´s work on GF I & GF II (i do NOT admire his worx on GFIII and if GF IV is about Vincent, i hope the footaGe´ll catch fire... :p ...), i really do like the idea of havinG another director takinG a turn on the matter.

Coppola has been the inventive spirit behind the Genuine atmosphere of the Godfather movies, but after GFIII i have the impression he has burnt out a little and his symbolism is even more slap-in-the-face as it used to be.

let´s assume the script of GFIV turns out to be a brillant script, it could be the movie you want to see (fill in own Godfather sequel fantasy here), and now all of Hollywood is on the chase for a director. who would your pick be?

would you only accept a director with american italian roots or even a Brit or a Chinese director or whatever if he´d have an interestinG vision?

IMO the most vital thinG for a GF sequel is refined character development (look at GFIII... ). Sam Mendes and Sofia Coppola have been mentioned, both would be intriGuinG choices.

i´d add P.T.Anderson, because he proved himself capable of handlinG a bunch of different characters and storylines in a beautiful way. you´d add - ?

"i understand you have to deal with a lot of people who try to seem more important than they are. In my case the reverse is true." -Tom Hagen