Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
Although it must be mentioned as an option, I highly doubt Fredo alerted anyone of anything(though the real drink part will be forever misteriously suspicious) only because 1)If he was going to, he probably would have after Mike talked to him in the daquari scene and 2) Fredo wanted nothing to do with Roth and Ola because "you guys got me in deep enough already"
I never really liked the fact that Fredo was a traitor, although I did always believe that it was true. However, with scenes like this, you have to wonder if Fredo was such a nice guy. Yeah, he was dumb, but then again you would have to be to try and conspire against your own brother, the Don of the Corleone Family. I'm sure he didn't like the fact that he was out to kill him, but I think that he just wanted to do whatever he could to gain respect, and it's not like Michael was ever Fredo's buddy anyway.
But, you could also say that in informing the government of Roth's assasination plans, it could be his innocense, his dumb wit, leading him to keep Roth alive. Maybe he thought that he would be a hero, or maybe he wanted to see his brother dead.
Either way, Fredo was a traitor, and you can't forget that. He assisted in trying to kill his brother (whether he understood the hit or not), why wouldn't he try and screw up Michael's plans to kill Roth?

"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string. Senator Corleone; Governor Corleone."
-Don Vito Corleone to his son, Michael