Quote:
Originally posted by Zasa:
I've always heard that the worst Alien was definately the third, as it was hyped to be something that it wasn't. i've seen all the Alien movies, and I feel the same way. Reserection really played to certain human insecurities, and thus was good in its own right.
There's many reasons why I feel this movie is the worst but the biggest is because Ripley is not herself anymore. Instead of the strong, real heroine we have followed through the films, she becomes a goofy, unemotional, one note character that we can no longer identify with.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
This probably has been posted before, and perhaps I should know this, but has there ever been any other movie sequel that did as well (or maybe better) than the first or is GF the first??

TIS
Terminator 2 and the recent Harry Potter sequel, just to name a couple.

And depending on who you speak to, Die Hard 2 and 3, Wes Craven's New Nightmare and the Lost World: Jurassic Park may also fall under the same list.

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas." -Jack Handy