I was trying to estimate how much of the GF Trilogy was "on location." I think Sicily is more significant than NYC because lots of NYC scenes are indoors, while Sicily scenes are often outdoors. Overall, I would guess that about 20% of the trilogy was "on location" - the rest could have been a studio anywhere.

GF - All the Sicily scenes had to be there. But much of the "New York" stuff was indoors. Sonny beating Carlo was outside. So was the Paulie hit. But the Mall scenes (outside or inside) could have been anywhere. Much of the film could have been anywhere.

GF2 - All the Deniro flashback stuff had to be in NYC. The outside party had to be Tahoe. But the rest could have been anywhere under some constraints (i.e. Cuba was really Dominican Republic).

GF3 - Again, Sicily scenes had to be there. A few scenes were outside in NY .. i.e. Vincent's hit on zasa, Vincent and Mary in front of Genco. Otherwise, NY scenes were mostly indoors.

As a New Yorker, I'm not arguing that it shouldn't be here. But I am trying to "think how others would think".

"A refusal is not the act of a friend"