Quote:
Originally posted by DonsAdvisor:
[QB I guess you might object to these too:

* Marlon Brando playing Vito? Brando is of Irish descent. And regarding political activism, remember when Brando sent a Native American to refuse his Godfather Oscar? What about Brando's anti-semetic statements, for which he later apologized?

* Al Pacino playing Scarface? (where Robert Loggio is Lopez, Murray Abraham is Omar Suarez) or in Carlito's Way? Does that Pacino is not hispanic take away from these films?

* DeNiro playing Young Vito? DeNiro is Irish-Italian - more Irish than Italian.

What about Charlton Heston playing Moses? Heston is not Jewish. Or just about any western in which someone played an Indian or Mexican (i.e. Eli Wallach - Don Altobello in GF3 - playing Ugly Mexican Tuco in "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly").[/QB]
i agree with Don's Advisor -- it doesn't matter what the nationality or heritage is, whether Italian, Irish, German, etc. what matters, at the end of the day, is talent. now, Andy Garcia's talent (or the lack of it) in portraying a Corleone, is another matter.

"Never tell anybody outside the family what you're thinking again!" - Don Vito to Sonny

"Never let anyone know what you're thinking." - Michael to Vincent