I think this is big news, but I am still wondering what it will be...

will it be a sequel novel? or a novel based on what happened in the sequel movies (we all know there are some drastic differences between trilogy and novel)?

I still think that there must not come another movie. it would be only be true Godfather like with well casted people, and that means: no DeNiro, no Pacino and no Keaton etc. for they are too old to play their characters. Vincent is probably the only one who could return. and a GF movie without Pacino etc. isn't gonna work, at least not contribute to the movie saga...

What I thought would be a nice alternative, is to have the GF4 story packed in some "new media" kinda thing.

GF4 wouldn't be a screenplay, a movie, an opera or a novel (well, if they write the book, yes of course), but an interactive website. you can "live" the GF4 story on that site with some great original graphics and Godfather music etcetera, and off course new characters can be shown in pictures or something.. No, it wouldn't have the great acting or the great quotes, but that's what made the films so great, and like I said, another movie is very unlikely to work properly, as seen with GF3, which just can't compete with the other two.

I still want to know what that new book-thing we read about is going to be about? I guess we all do