This is for Ricardo, Apple and anyone else who does not have the DVD trilogy. Buy it, it is the greatest investmane you can make! Anyway, here is my transcript of what FFC says at the end of GF3.

"Mario and I thought, that as we discussed a possible forth film, that the forth film would be much more like the second film, in that it would be told in two time periods, that one time period would be the period in New York, sort of picking up from Godfather two and taking you into the time period of Godfather one. You would see the Corleone family in it's rise to power, and the main character would be Sonny Corleone, and he would be juxtaposed, very much in the way the second godfather was with a modern story, in which the main character would be Vincent Mancini, sonny's son. And his story would be Vincent, of course, in a modern period after this action (GF3), in which he had really become the head of the Corleone Family, but it had gone into a realm of cocaine and a dangerous relationship, with this tremendous drug trade, but there would be two storys of what Mario called the happy years, which was the story of the Corleone faminly coming into power and would be Don Corleone as played by Marlon Brando reaching his Zentih tAnd at the same time the story of the rise, the story of the fall of the family in a modern context, almost in a story starring Vincent Mancini, with the haunting he had, of this love that he lost, and his ultimate hunting down, almost like a pabloesque (SP) bar on the landscape of Columbia, in which they are hunting down this last gangsta mogul. And there would be one more scene with Vincent and the old Michael Corleone, which ironically had happened really earlier than his death scene at the end. So it would be a movie sort of like GF2, that would interpose the rise of the family before WW2 and the destruction of the family and the person of Vincent Mancini, but ultimately, we never really laid out the script, although there are parts of the old section, the period before WW2, but the new section was never worked on. And Mario Puzo unfortunately died, before any oppurtunity was made to have him work on the script with me."