I have to say Kurgan is exactly right. In this subtle role in Ocean's 11 (the best in the movie by the way) Garcia plays a calm, stylishly dressed (very similar to Michael's suits in Part II)tough guy who thinks with his head.

Though this doesn't sound like Vincent Mancini in 1979 - Part III - think how his experiences (Mary's death, Michael's failing health and Connie's anger)could have shaped him into middle age. Recognising Michael's warning about his temper, Vincent could recognise that the only way to regalvanise the Corleone family is by adopting the same composure that kept his uncle at the top for thirty years. And not his father's short temper that got him killed within a few years as Acting Don.

Based on his performance in Ocean's 11 I believe Garcia could do an outstanding job as a middle aged Vincent. Vincent Mancini was born in 1948, so would be in his early fifties if Part IV was set in 2001/2002. I believe Garcia was born in 1956. At 46 he would only have to play a little older as a contemporay Vincent. As long as the new movie is set anytime from 1990 Garcia could be flexible about age.

He wouldn't have to overdo things like Al as Michael who turned from vigorous 50 into one of the oldest looking 63 years I've ever seen. Hell, I believe Al even got his teeth filed down to help. Talk about method acting!!!!!!

I urge everyone to see Ocean's 11 for Garcia and you will realise what Kurgan means.
Incidentally, apart from Andy it's not a great movie - so be warned.

I just hope Coppola is listening out there.