Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[quote]Originally posted by Ricardo:
[b]...You wouldn't know this (Novel, of course!) but Lucy mancini is incapable of getting pregnnat, so....
Sure I would know it. Just from being a member of this board since August 2001, I know alot of things about the novel that aren't indicated in the films (thank goodness). Like I've said before, a few more months and I'll probably never even have to pick up the book, will know the whole story thanks to you & others.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ricardo:
...What's YOUR opinion?
On GF3? See my earlier post above.

On FFC, Puzo, and the novel? It's apparent that GF3 is based NOT on the novel, but on the two films that came before it, part of which were again, not based on the novel, but original screenplay. FFC & Puzo co-wrote (not RE-wrote) all three, but Puzo deferred on GF3, feeling that it was FFC's baby not his. Whatever the quality of the final product, Puzo was right. GF3 was FFC's baby.

Apple[/b][/quote]Oh yeah, You proably DO know most if the Book by now.....try Last Don.

As for Co-Wrote, they OFFICILAYY Co-Wrote it, but Physically it's obvious that Part 1 is at least 85% Puzo's Book, FFC came up with the ideas of whacking Cuneo/Stracci writing Bocchicchio/Panza/Tramonti/Forlenza, etc. out of the movie. He wrotwe out Nino/Jules,a nd downsized Johny and Lucy by about 300%! Jack Woltz was downsized, as was Luca Brasi. Thos echanges were for the better. The only part of GF1 that doesn't seem to agree with the book, is that Luca is NOT scary in gf1! Oh yeah, I beleive FFC CReated Willy Cicci for all the Checch fans.!

GF2 the early years are 50% Puzo's Book, but the Ciccio/Andolini plot were made by either Puzo/FFC and were for the BETTER!

Puzo had originall yintedned for Cleemnza to snitch and his brothe rfrom Sicily to come and shame him. Puzo fans later found out in The Sicilian about Domenick Clemenza/Vincenzo Pentangelli.

Roth is Lansky-like, that only PuZo himself could have came up with it. FFC preffered the Family/Emotion aspect, while Puzo preffered the killing/sex/Mafia aspect. He came up with the Cuba deals. As for Fredo's Turn that may have been FFC, but one thingsfor sure, ROcco and Neri's invovlement were Puzo's idea as later proved in his GF3 script. Cicci's turn MAY have been FFC's idea, but The Rosatos/Gallos were Puzo's idea, Kay leaving Mike was touched on at the end of the Novel (Puzo's idea).

FFC changed at leat Half of GF3 script, that MAY be the main reason it doesn't holda candle to the others. I won't get into detail on his changes again, see above!

P.S. I seem to have forgotten how to tyoe, :p