Quote:
Originally posted by CamillusDon:
Dream as we might for more...After GFI and GFII everything else is like a twey-five years reunion show... Yes it is like cake without the Iceing.
I think that the fault lies with GFII. It did such a good job following the first film that you would think that everything after it would have the magic that GFII gave us. Time may heal all, but boy does it take it's toll on peoples good looks and trying to recapture great films!
I didn't like the reunion idea either! Apple I know you're not alone!

let me put it like this...Who do you blame for GF3's failures...Puzo...FFC...Sophia...Paramount...etc.?

I see it that Puzo is responsible foor creating the Godfather, the story, leading to two 5-Star Classic movies, followed by a subpar, but SUCCESFUL, sequel!

I blame FFC for ruining the Trilogy in GF3, you would have love dPuzo's story, but instead we get FFC dreaming up a Vincent Mancini, etc.

You wouldn't know this (Novel, of course!) but Lucy mancini is incapable of getting pregnnat, so....there's one mistake. Vincent Mancini was ORIGINAlly Santino Corleone Junior!

Anyway, I'm a fan of the book, the STORY, the STROEIS behind the three movies, and POSSIBLY a fourth.

You PROABBLY prefer FFC's story having never read Puzo's. You MIGHT think that FFC is responsible for writing two CLassic Movies, when in actuality FFC was merely a RE-writer who changed only a FEW things from Puzo's scripts, but he got the fame for writing half o fthe scripts. We saw how good a WRITER FFC actually is in FFC. He took apart Puzo's script piece-by-piece and ruined the Third Movie. Puzo wa sso pissed he wrotw a Fourth script, in a last dicth attempt to finsih teh story the wasy he wanted that FFC wiuldn't let him in GF3!

What's YOUR opinion?