Quote:
Originally posted by Don Noledge:
I'm all up for helping to write GF4, as i'm quite an avid script writer my self...

I think that the story should basically be in the same mould as GF2, with flashbacks etc... I think the final scene should be with Vincent at about 60, and his son has just become a senator, which is what Vito wanted for Michael. The flashbacks could tell the stories of how Sonny grew up, Tom's entrance to the Family, Tom Hagens death etc etc...

I'm actually doing a script outline for a possible GF4 film for college, so i'll post that on the board when its finished...

noledge

I don't really like the senator idea. You can't end the movie like that. The Godfather has to end in tragedy. It's not supposed to be the feel good movie of the year. Vito Corleone should not get have his dreams fulfilled because he was a murderer. The Godfather IV should be about the zenith of the Corleone Family, and the main character should be Sonny. And in modern times it should be about Vincent who is in a very dangerous drug trade. And in the end of the movie, Vincent should be assasinated, ending the Corleone family forever. He can't have a succesor.

"I had a whole different destiny planned." -Michael Corleone