Quote:
Originally posted by persiangodfather:
I think I might have mentioned it before, but far more interesting than the Sonny/Vincent parallel storyline would be a look at how and why Michael changed between Parts II and III.

Of course, this would be nigh on impossible from an artistic point of view (but then, who could have thought Part II could out-do Part I?), but it makes for a fascinating hypothesis.

You could be far more inventive coming up with a script for Part IV using the Sonny and Vincent idea, but the period between 1959 and 1979 needs to be insanely complex, mature and sophisticated. It would perhaps need to be better then the Part II script to be as successful, given what it has to acheive.
Bravo, PersianGodfather, exactly what i was going to say, the two years in between Gf1 and GF2 Nevada would be a possible mini-series with Clemenza and Rosatos and such. Not even anhour of film even. But as gor the post, If you read the book, you already know what happens between 1925 and 1945. What we DON'T know, where FFC or anybody else could create a whole new story is 1960-1978. THe Corleone children grow up, Tom Hagen dies, Joey Zasa rises to the top, Michael gets VERY old, THIS is a way to make a WHOLE NEW story, without it being another modern mob movie, post-1980.