Quote:
Originally posted by noledge24:
I doubt if there ever will be a GF4, as Puzo is now gone and Coppola said at the revealing of the Godfather DVD collection that thre would be no GF4. I heard that Leonardo DiCaprio was rumoured to be taking the part of a young Sonny, if GF4 ever went ahead. One word. Why? Caprio looks nothing like James Caan and nothing like the Sonny character. Sonny was only 29 in GF1, so a young version of him would look vitually the same, so a similar looking actor would be required. Thats why Robert DeNiro was such a good choice for Vito. I can only wonder, what if DeNiro had the role of Paulie in GF1 that was originally intented, what would happen with the role of young Vito in GF2? Perhaps Marlon Brando could have been made to look younger, he was only 48 at the time. And as the studio gave Copolla an unlimited budget for GF2, they could have easily afforded Brando.

Oh well, as much as i would love a GF4, I fear they would just tell the same story again, but with different characters. Perhaps if it was all set in the past, with the periods of Vito's rise to power covered in more detail and the period between GF1 and GF2...

noledge
if DeNiro DID play Paulie, maybe they would have followed the back. There NEVER would have been a Don Ciccio, Vito's father would have killed him. We would ahve continued into the 30's after fanucci, and vito meets clem and tess. brando would've played a SLIGHTLY younger Vito. Luca could have came back, DeNiro could have changed the WHOLE Godfather Trilogy.