I know a guy I talk to now and then, though it has been a while (maybe 6 months) ? he said he knew the daughter of James ?Cock-eye? Dunn ? knew her very well, practiced Public School things and such ? but with nothing strange or odd a typical New York, Queens relationship between friends at a PS school.. ? Not sure if he is still alive, he was old when I met him, and conversation spilled out ? though if you got into a mode that sounded like a prosecutor ? he?d get all huffy and that would be it.

It?s been rarer I've made contact in recent years, the few times other than a burst, I worked in his home turf rarely

This old guy was with Dunn?s daughter when both were teenagers ? he said her name was "Jane" ? the night her father was executed in Sing Sing? for a dock side murder ? real ?On the Water-Front? sort of filler.

With some old looking - I know the Dunn existed, I looked up things in the New York Times ? but there were only three articles I could find.

Seems from the NYT his defense was war related ? didn?t really go a long way to explain why he was, war aside, a NY dock-gang tough -

The guy I know/knew said ?Jane? said everybody her father worked for was working for others including the Government - and she felt her father was being killed (in this case by the US government) to make up for known criminals of Italian descent. I guess that would be the value of being an ?associate? ? but I?m not sure that was a term being tossed around in 1942-50

The thing that only makes me curious is the guy knows a lot for somebody I used to bump into once or twice a year and has no real interest in crime, or drama or whatever ? he just grew up in Queens. Is crime that an open secret?

I know very little personally about New York (against what I read of course) or the way the various Italian groups, I DO believe there are/were 5 eliminated all other non-Italian ORGANIZED opposition ? but this seems like a first step post- Dutch Schultz.

Anybody have anything to add about the Italian take-over of New York 1941-50?

I find it very curious, I?m not sure how that happened

"I don't shine shoes no more..."