Quote:
Originally posted by Pax Soprana:
Giovanni Brusca said that the initiates blood was smeared on the image of a saint which was then burnt as Brusca took the oath.

[quote]Originally posted by DonGenco:
[b] nowadays, most Dons are much more interested in making money then the old mustache petes were.
Wasnt that just a myth? The whole bit about the new guys under Luciano killing off all the old mafiosi because they were standing in the way of making more money. I think both generations had the same interest and this was just a myth made up after the Castallemerese war and applied again to the "first" mafia war in Sicily. [/b][/quote]Well the old guys were still interested in making money, but, they were killed off for a reason, they liked where they were and they didn't see much reason to expand. It was people like Luciano and Costello that worked extra hard to expand the empire all over and force their hands in every pie, but to do that, their bosses had to be killed. And it was with the end of the Castellamarese War that the new had replaced the old, and the Mafia became an empire crossing from coast to coast of American soil.

P.S.-Don Cardi, Congratulations on your 2000th post!

"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string. Senator Corleone; Governor Corleone."
-Don Vito Corleone to his son, Michael