1) I don't think there's a way of knowing if the induction or " making of " still abides today unchanged in the world of LCN, the tittles are still the same at least to law enforcement. One shrewd Don: Vincent " The Chin " Gigante who was boss of the Genovese family would never be referred to by his name but by: " that guy " or by a rubbing or scrapping of a family member's chin to avoid wiretap evidence.

2) Henry Hill is still trying to make money from his gangster era. I think the modern Mafia families today have too much to worry about, with their own inner problems, and modern technology to go after Henry Hill who's after the witness protection program; specially when it would not be hard to know who killed him, LCN does not need any more hard-on's from the American government. He wrote a cook book not too long ago. A man like him could never be rich off of anything else other then exploiting his past.

3)Rich modern gangsters oft-own legitimate fronts, in many fields. Many of their possessions are not under their name but under family members', as long as they pay their taxes they should be fine. Surely the F.B.I already do know how they earned their money, the problem is linking them to money coming off of their criminal enterprizes.