I'm definetly a big Donnie Brasco fan, I think it'd be great to see Pacino and Depp try to recreate what they did here in a new movie. They work well togethor.

Interesting to see Depp's turn as a mafia guy/FBI agent. I'm used to him in strange roles playing crazy characters, but Donnie was very subdued and introspective for a lot of this movie.

To answer the question on whether Lefty got killed or not, I think it is one of those things like in Pulp Fiction (mystery briefcase) where it is left up to the mind of the viewer whether Lefty was whacked or not. I think the blackness and the gunshots were not meant to imply he was whacked, but rather to implant that thought in the viewer's head and make them think about it.

FYI, in real life, Sonny Black was whacked and Lefty was meant to be, but the FBI picked him up, protected him, sent him to jail, and he died of a heart attack years later.

And the supporting cast was great in this movie. I always love Michael Madsen (Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill 2, etc.), and he played this role to perfection. And good old Bruno Kirby, who I haven't seen since The Godfather Part II.

I did read the book on this after I had seen the movie for the thousandth time. A pretty good read, maybe a little bit too technical on the details at some parts. The book completely cuts out the whole "family life" aspect of the movie as far as i remember, and that sort of makes not as good.

Ultimately, two thumbs up for Brasco.

"By the way, I admire your pictures very much."
- Tom Hagen