Greetings everyone, I'm new to the board but have been creeping around for a year or so....It, along with the websites for The Godfather and Mario Puzo are amazing.

I just wondered if at this point in time anybody had some thoughts about The Family, namely related to the quality of the story etc.

Personally I felt the book was amazing, I have read all of Puzo's novels and didn't expect too much out of this book due to the Time-setting, and the involvement of the Pope and Church, but this book was amazing, the writing was on-point, the characterization, and development was beautiful. And finally I thought the plot and story was full of various underlying themes, and showed a level of complexity that will make the book a constant re-read. This is common though in most of Puzo's writings. In essence I thought this book was fantastic, definitely up there with Puzo's best writing.

My personal favourites being, The Godfather and Fools Die. I would place The Family just under these books on my list of classics.

What do you all think.

MONZ

MONZ.