You know, i've always tried getting hold of that book you've mentioned, a few years ago I saw the short online version of it. But with me being in England it's pretty damn hard to get hold of, i'll try more though.

I partly agree with you on the whole Giuliano spelling debate. But from what I understand from Carol Gino was that Puzo changed spellings to suit how he felt something looked better on paper, to the reader. You're correct with the pronunciation with Giuliano too. But I agree with what Ms Gino has told us. The Sicilian is a fictional novel based on fact. This way he didn't have to write it as a biography to Giuliano's life. Especially with bringing the fictional character of Michael Corleone into it. Something we may have to agree to disagree with.

Whilst we're on the subject of the true Giuliano i've read a very fair and balanced perspective of his life in Billy J Chandlers "King of the Mountain. Very detailed and goes into the whole politics situations deeply. I can't recommend it enough to you, especially to another Giuliano fan.

So die all who betray Giuliano