Carol, How are you?

I have noticed a repeating pattern when characters in Mario Puzo's (RIP) die. They tend to have really strange thoughts just before their deaths. I'll try to recall them:

1] Santino experiencing "...for the first time..." the sense of fear. [The Godfather]

2] Don Vito Corleone wanting to keep his youngest son away from that yellow spot (resembling death). [The Godfather]

3) Turi Guiliano recalling the time when Aspanu and himself were running downhill from their mountains and he shouted "..I believe...I believe..." [The Sicilian]

4] Gronevelt thinking process linking back to his childhood/adolescence and the "dilemma" of killing a thousand "Chinamen". [The Last Don]

5] Portella thinking about who's going to tell his brother (Bruno) about his death. [Omerta]

My question is this: Did Mario have any beliefs about people's experiences just before death? Aren't those characters' thoughts just before death a little bit oddly familiar (in their strangeness)?Will we see any similar pattern in The Family?

Thanx Carol.

"..Your youngest and strongest will fall by the sword.."

"...now you gotta speak more than one language to pull a heist..." Pudge Nichols

"...Never shall innocent blood be shed; yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The THREE shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeaful striking hammer of God..."