I have gotten the novel Fools Die about a couple of weeks ago. I haven't read it yet as I'm reading another quite boring book (but it's against my nature to switch books in the middle).

Anyway, I scanned through Fools Die and noticed that it has a lot of names that coincide with those in The Last Don. Examples are, Clericuzio, Santadio, Xanadu, Gronevelt...etc. I know that you probably were not intimate with Mr. Puzo (RIP) back when Fools Die came out. But did he ever talk about why he re-mentioned those names in The Last Don?

I read somewhere that his cousins/mother were named Clericuzio and that he absolutely loved that name. So I understand if he wanted to use it again. However, why the other names as well?

Finally, did he ever mention how he came up with the names he did? I mean, how did he ever think of Corleone, Andolini, De Lena, Barzini, Tattaglia..etc Did he use friends' and family members' names? Or did he use celebrities' names? Do you have any idea about that?

Thanx.

"..Your youngest and strongest will fall by the sword.."

"...now you gotta speak more than one language to pull a heist..." Pudge Nichols

"...Never shall innocent blood be shed; yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The THREE shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeaful striking hammer of God..."