Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
Hi again. I have some more questions....

This has just came to me but was there ever a point (that you know of) when Mario really took great interest about renaissonce Italy?

How was his research conducted? So far what i've gathered about the research of The Sicilian you both travelled to Sicily and learned more. I've also seen your pictures of Rome. Was this part of the research or a general holiday?

On a seperate subject to the Family (I hope it's alright)...What real views did Mario have of the real life Sicilian bandit Salvatore Giuliano? The way he wrote about him is how I was inspired of how great a man he was. Giuliano was always a legend. Mario made him and ever greater legend. (Look at the inpact he's had on me).

Turi,
His research began far before this but when we visited the Vatican in 1983 is when he began to "story it" to teach me about the history of Italy because I truly knew nothing about it. And for all these years after that, any time we went back to Italy, or when we were home, he would tell me stories about the original "crime" families to show me that though we have evolved in technology, human beings are much the same as they were all those centuries ago. But he always said it kindly and without judgment.