Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
Hello Ms. Gino. Its a pleasure to ask you my questions and welcome the board that JG has done us all so proud.

I'm very exited for the release of The Family

I'm interested in the characters of The Family. What sort of connection will the audience of the book be able to make with the characters? Who are the main characters?
For example with The Sicilian we have Salvatore Giuliano and can establish trust with him. Most of us would like to think we have some of the traits of young Turi. His braveness, intelligence and so on. The audience is gripped into the book wanting only what he deserves. Will The Family be able to make the same connection as like most of Mario's work has done for us? I ask this because it sounds like a treacherous story. I hope its not too much of a wierd question.

Thank you very much.

Also in completion I have to say this is one of the most beautifull pictures i've ever seen... Where abouts is it?

[ September 09, 2001: Message edited by: Turi Giuliano ]

Hi Turi,
If you liked Turi, you'll really like Cesare. He too was a warrior. And yes, in each of Mario's books he wrote characters that represent traits that he hoped we'd recognize ourselves in. Some heroic, some treacherous, some courageous and some vulnerable. He wrote "big stories" Myths. And if you look closely you'll see that he even mentioned that Turi looked the the Renaissance General Cesare. (In the Sicilian) By then we were already playing with those characters. The Pope is a "reasonable man" like the Godfather and he loved his children above all. And that's where the trouble comes from. The five powers of the country that was not yet "Italy" are just like the five families in the Godfather. And that was a very good question, not weird at all.