This is about filming locations, not gunfire grin

Someone has asked me about the location of the church used for the baptism sequence, and noticed on the site that there are some locations challenged and unresolved. Can anyone please clarify, for sure, where the following locations took place?

1) Old St. Patrick's Cathedral on Mulberry Street was used for the christening scene. A real Bishop was used. Coppola's family is used as extras. [Challenged: Mt Loretto Church in Staten Island?]

2) The scene for the meeting of the Don's was filmed at the boardroom of the Penn Central Railroad on the 32nd floor above Grand Central Station [challenged]

3) The estate of movie czar Jack Woltz was really the Guggenheim Estate, Sands Point, Long Island [Challenged: Harold LLoyd Estate in Beverly Hills, CA]

4) The scene where Luca Brasi (played by ex-wrestler Lenny Montana) gets murdered was shot at the Hotel Edison, 47th Street in Manhattan -- in a hotel room [Challenged: Hotel St. George in Brooklyn]

5) The scene where Sonny was gunned down was filmed at tollbooths constructed on an abandoned airstrip out at Floyd Bennet Field in Mineola, Brooklyn. [Challenged: Mitchel Field in Mineola, Long Island - see explanation here ]

It's embarrassing that the site doesn't have the definitive info on this stuff eek Can those who know for sure help me out here? Grazie!! grin

JG

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations