I feel awful to hear of Plaw's passing.
Though I've been around for a while I don't check-in so often ... and I was not aware that he was ill.

Though we'd responded to each other's posts, I did not know Paul in person ... yet the effect of finding out about his death feels right now as if I had. Without thinking, for just a moment my mind turned to making lasagna ... the first thing I do when I find out about a friends death is to take food to the family ... but coming back to reality I feel silly; I have no idea who I'd imagined I would take the food to.
It's curious how honest and real online-friends are even though they are not physically present.

The door shutting suddenly is a very difficult way to be reminded just how much we care ... and how we should never take others for granted.
It is so true that any one of us could be gone tomorrow (I just had a big scare myself - it is very real to me right now); and we don't know when those in our lives might be taken, sometimes unexpected, sometimes we knew ... but still can't get our arms around it easily. We expect to see them suddenly again, like Sonny reflected in the glass at Vito's birthday party. If only to get just one more evening together, one more post, just one more smile.

Maybe I do know who to take that lasagna to. Plaws family was all of you. Please accept my sincere condolences at Paul's death. May he rest in peace.

Tony

"we are bigger than US Steel" ... Hyman Roth and Meyer Lansky