Paul's in the ground now. He was buried just before noon on a hilltop with quite a view. Its not quite a slippery slope but I think he'd be happy with the choice of location.

I stood just behind his son, Steve, and his partner, Vickie, during the ceremony. The rabbi who officiated (the same rabbi whom officiated at Paul's father's funeral) made the service a little more personalized by speaking of Paul's love for Steve, Vickie and then "The Godfather" chatroom. He went on to mention that Paul's love of cinema was proved by the fact he owned over 600 films at home (causing Steve to smile for the only time of the day) and his love for "fantasy sports" took up some of his time which he enjoyed.

Vickie showed me the printout of the thread in which many of us gave Paul our well-wishes (Geoff gave it to Paul when he visited him in the hospital). I watched as they put it into his coffin, so a little of us remains with Paul. I assured Vickie that a little of Paul remains with all of us, and it always will.

We were invited to take a shovelful of dirt and add it to the grave and after everyone else went back to their cars I stayed behind for a minute and said my goodbye.