Oh, You want to know what happens to Tess?? Just kidding, Gina. I did read it, but so very long ago.

Misery was so good, but I can't read it now without picturing Kathy Bates. Man, was she great in that movie. Scary, scary great. I recommend seeing it for her performance alone.

I just finished reading What Remains by Carol Radziwill (not sure about that spelling). Very well done, and heartbreaking. It's the true story of a girl who grew up in suburban NY (about 10 minutes from where I live) and ends up married to Jackie O's nephew. Her husband and John, Jr. were first cousins and best friends, and the two couples spent an enormous amount of time together. Her husband gets cancer, and while he was dying at John's house, John and Carolyn's plane crashes.

What I found interesting was that these people had all the money and conncections in the world, yet they were treated just as crappily by their doctors as everyone else!! She did write it beautifully and it was fascinating to see this "commoner" become a princess.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club