The Stand is definitely my favorite of all his books. I have to admire how King kept track all of the storylines and characters. He said that it was like tap-dancing on the grave of the world, to an extent. The mini-series was not bad. Rob Lowe and Gary Sinise did an excellent job, as did Bill Faggerbake (sorry if I spelled that wrong, but he was GREAT as Tom Cullen), but Molly Ringwald spoiled it for me. For me, trying to find her believable as the pregnant, heroic Fran was just TOO much of a stretch of the imagination.

I think that It was his scariest book, but maybe that's because I have clown-phobia as it is!! My nephew loves to call me up and say, "We all float down here!" because he knows it scares the bejeepers out of me. I also liked the one that King wrote with Peter Straub (the title escapes me), but the sequel was awful.

I have King's Hearts of Atlantis, but have been to lazy to read it. My daughter wants me to read Blackbird, but I just can't get motivated. She loved it, and the sequel, too. I bought my mother a book for Mother's Day called The Reluctant Tuscan, which is the true story of a man whose wife makes him move to Tuscany, and he hates it at first, but then falls in love with Italy. Been meaning to read that, too.

Maybe we should change this thread to "Books you HAVEN'T read" .

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club