Quote:
Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
Yes! Rasputin! I haven't read it, but he is, to me, one of the most interesting figures in history, next to maybe Hitler. Rasputin absolutely fascinates me... Such a bizarre man.
I agree, LLC. I watched a documentary on Rasputin a couple weeks ago, on the History Channel, I believe. Quite a fascinating character. This book was mentioned on the documentary, so I picked it up.

He was such a perplexing individual. His prediction of WWI, or the way he seemingly would alleviate the Czar's son's haemophilia, just through prayer. Some skeptics believed he achieved this through hypnosis, but no one has been able to figure out how he did the last time...all the way from his home in Syberia. And the way he died was remarkable as well. It seemed like no matter what they did to him...he just wouldn't go down.

I can't wait to read the book!

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis