Quote:
Originally posted by bogey:
[quote] I really can't see anything here. None of these are original novels. Are they?
Do you see the bit at the top of the page where it says "movies [b]based on books"???

Quote:
Okay: Frankenstein. But seriously corrupted. I bet you still think that the monster was called Frankenstein.
Actually the doctor's name was Frankenstein. The Monster wasn't given a name. I've read the book, and its sitting in my closet.

Quote:
And do you really think that Forrest Gump was a novel? Let alone thinking it was a great film?
Did I stutter in my post where I said they were all excellent movies in my opinion?

Quote:
Is there anyone else in the room? Is there anybody here who thinks that The Great Escape (a great film) was also once a novel?
You do know, that its BASED ON A TRUE STORY, don't you? Paul Brickhill took part in it, documented it, wrote a book on it, and it was made into a GREAT movie.
(Actually as a bit of a side note, my granddad was at the same POW Camp that it took place in )

I think I see what the problem is here. You think (very wrongly) that you and your opinion are better than everyone else.

The last book I read was Brave New World. And before that, Animal Farm, and before that I read the complete works of Edgar Allen Poe. I could go on, but I'll stop.

And stop sounding so fucking pompous. [/b][/quote]Quite simply the greatest post ever.

Hey, how's it going?