Although I still disagree about the part where he said that its rare that books make great films. I mean, just glancing at the list on the link I put:

2001: A Space Odyssey, Arsenic and Old Lace, Ben-Hur, Bridge on the River Kwai, Caine Mutiny, The Exorcist, Forrest Gump, Frankenstein, Gettysburg, THE GODFATHER, The Great Escape... All of which are EXCELLENT films (in my opinion anyway.. and obviously someone elses if they listed them on that site) And I'm only at the G's. [/QB][/QUOTE]

This bit above is a quote from the post. My editing has made it seem like it's my own writing. This line of asterisks divides my own from the quote... okay.

I really can't see anything here. None of these are original novels. Are they? Okay: Frankenstein. But seriously corrupted. I bet you still think that the monster was called Frankenstein. Space Odyssey? Okay, a novel. But extremely adapted to allow Kubrick to make the film. And do you really think that Forrest Gump was a novel? Let alone thinking it was a great film? Is there anyone else in the room? Is there anybody here who thinks that The Great Escape (a great film) was also once a novel?