Tony, I hope you are okay. It must have been such a shock for you to be in London when this happened. I'm just glad you are safe and sound.

I am astounded. I cannot believe that Al Quaeda have flaunted their stupidity quite so spectacularly. I am struggling to realise that they have done this during the G8 summit - a meeting which addresses the injustices and inequalities of the world, and which calls on westerners to redistribute wealth to those dying of poverty. Al Quaeda's rationale for anti-american and anti-western feeling was always that capitalism is corrupt, our bank accounts come before our moral values, and that we are resisting the message of Islam.
How many Muslims have Al Quaeda massacred in the name of Islam?
How many people across the world gave their heart and soul to the Live 8 events, only to find the public feeling and media focus suddenly redirected (rightly so) onto London's suffering?
How much more progress could the G8 have made if they did not have to deal with the aftermath of this latest terrorism?

I could never, ever condone terrorism - however, until today I always thought that it was at least based upon some consistent complaint, however misguided. Now I see the horrifying truth, that this is all madness. Al Quaeda is mad, and vicious. And very very stupid.

Sorry for the rant everyone but it's the weirdest atmosphere over here at the moment. Glad to hear Turi, Capo and everyone are safe.

Senator, we are both part of the same hypocrisy