I started a new hobby this summer - I'm trying to grow different varieties of hot peppers.

Thing is, when I start a new hobby, I go all out -- I'm up to 12 different varieties now. (Not a big deal until you realize I live in a second-story apartment with a small balcony - doh!)

I'm wondering if anyone else here has tried growing different varieties of hot peppers, and fans of hot peppers in general.

Here's what I'm trying this first year:

• Habanero (orange)
  • Thai Sun
  • Cayenne
  • Tabasco
  • Giant Serrano
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • Peter Pepper
  • Arbol Chilis
  • Jalapeno
  • Red Hot Cherry
  • Hot Banana
  • New Mexico Big Jim

The first 6 are seedlings purchased at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago. (It was an impulse buy that started all this!). The next 5 are from seeds ordered online, and I planted like 10-20 seeds of each. The last one are seeds taken from dried Arbol chilis I have in the kitchen just to see if they'd grow, and to make an even dozen varieties.

Here are the six seedlings on May 21:

I hope these work out, and next year will have a better idea how they grow and which work better in smaller spaces. What stinks is I cannot leave them outside until it's 60+ degrees at night, which is still a few weeks away here in NJ.

So, who else likes eating the hot stuff? I know Turnbull is a fan. Anyone else?

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations