Originally Posted by mustachepete
Originally Posted by JCrusher
if Fredo doesn’t tell Mike about the Senate lawyer Mike goes to jail

They already knew Frankie was alive, and the senator had openly announced that the committee could establish perjury by Michael. I guess the open question is how did they discover Frankie was alive.
Originally Posted by Turnbull
I'm guessing that the committee, by law, had to inform Michael, through Tom, of the identity of the witness (Pentangeli) they were going to put on the stand.

The chairman was very helpful! telling Michael about their secret star witness
The committee will stand in recess until ten o'clock when this committee will produce a witness who collaborates the charges that were made against you today and at which time Mr. Corleone you may very well be subject to indictment for perjury

Did anyone else notice that .......
Originally Posted by mustachepete
Watching on AMC: I guess the dumbest move in the all of GF2 is when the Senator tells Michael that on Monday he's going to produce a witness who can impeach Michael's testimony. It seems like an off-the-cuff remark in response to Michael's challenge to produce a witness against him. The lawyer Questadt doesn't look happy while the Senator's talking.

Star witness -- Frankie Pentangeli who “has had no buffer between himself and Michael Corleone”