Originally Posted by RushStreet
Another honorable mention is Richard Daley, the mayor of Chicago from 1955-1976.

I don't know if we could call Mayor Daley a mobster, or even an "associate" of mobsters? Rush, I'm not all that familiar with him, per se, but how does he fall into this category?

Even if he was "corrupt," (which there are plenty of politicians who are,) in what way did he work with mafiosi?
______
Here's part of my initial post:

"It might be interesting to flip the conversation a bit and ask…Who, in your opinion, was the least “gangster” gangster? Who were the mobsters who didn't conduct themselves like mobsters that the FBI still documented through the years as fully “initiated” mafiosi, but who rarely conducted themselves as such?

You know, the guys who mostly ran legitimate businesses, as opposed to criminal rackets, per se.

The guys who didn’t talk like “dese and dose guys,” who were better educated and gave off the persona of legit businessmen, as opposed to a thug. Because, in truth, maybe thats what they were?….basically legit. Yet, they were, in fact, “made” members of the Mafia….Those guys!"
______

Does he fall within the general category above?

Last edited by NYMafia; 04/24/24 07:54 AM.